We look after your listening pleasure as well as the website you're reading right now !
Legendary Balaka-based musician, Paul Banda, is unwell and in urgent needs around K30m to get specialist treatment in India.
Nyasa Times has learnt that soft spoken Banda, who is fondly referred to as Sir Paul for his music prowess, started struggling with hypertension in 2014 which later led to a stroke. But, fortunately, he fully recovered in March this year.
Charles Sinetre, one of Sir Paul's mentees and chairperson of a team called Get Well Soon Club, said health experts suspected that Banda's present ailment could have been triggered by the strong medication to his hypertension and stroke problems.
"When we consulted around, we were told that Sir Paul needs not less than K20 million and not more than K30 million to travel outside the country for specialist treatment. For now, we will be holding various gigs across the country to fundraise for the great man, but all Malawians are welcome to contribute towards the cause," said Sinetre.
"We are delighted that people have already started making deposits to the Get Well Soon Club FDH account which we have created. Malawians can do the same by making their contributions to FDH Bank Account Name: Get Well Soon Club, Account Number: 1230000176191, Balaka Branch. We also have Airtel and Mpamba accounts on the following numbers 0999196912 and 0882236082 respectively," said Sinetre.
Sir Paul Banda, a singer and a guitarist, and brother to another legendary musician and politician Lucius Banda, rose to stardom when he and his Alleluya Band performed before Pope John Paul II during his pontifical visit to Malawi in 1989.
He has also contributed massively to music and creative industry in the country by, among others, setting up his Balaka-based Imbirani Yahweh (IY) Studios.
So you're an emerging or established musician....or a band looking for exposure to a wider audience. You've hit the jackpot! African FM welcomes submissions from cutting edge, emerging and established artists looking to get their new songs out to a global audience. We have supported a number of great artists on their journey to musical stardom! We airplay the very best in World Music. So...what are you waiting for?
If you have a song, an album, a bio, or news about an upcoming release or tour, then send to us here at African FM today! We'll consider your song(s) for airplay on our station to thousands of listeners all over the globe. We'll also consider highlighting your album release or tour on our main webpage for free!
Remember that by uploading your music - you are confirming -
The Band, Artist, Recording Company or Copyright Holder(s) of the submitted material ("Copyright Owner") hereby grants African FM and its licensees and assigns (www.african.fm - "African FM" ) the following authorisations:
1. Copyright Owner hereby expressly grants to African.fm a non-exclusive worldwide license to digitally transmit, on a non-interactive basis, the sound/video recordings, and the musical composition(s) embodied therein, as specified in this Broadcast Release Agreement.
2. Copyright Owner hereby expressly grants to African.fm a non-exclusive worldwide license to digitally transmit, as part of an non-interactive, non-subscription music program or channel, selections from the sound/video recordings, and the musical compositions embodied therein, specified in this Broadcast Release Agreement.
3. Neither African.fm nor the Copyright Owner shall pay to the other any compensation with respect to the transmissions and reproductions authorised herein.
4. This agreement waives rights to pay Airplay royalties, performance royalties, sound recording licenses, mechanical rights licenses on a complete and totally nonexclusive basis.
5. Copyright Owner represents and warrants to African.fm: (a) that the Copyright Owner has the right to authorise African.fm to reproduce, publicly perform the listed sound recordings and the musical compositions embodied therein; (b) that the Copyright Owner has the right and authority to license all rights granted herein, including, but not limited to, copyright and trademark rights'; performance rights and sound recording rights; (c) that the respondant has been authorised to execute this Broadcast Release Agreement on behalf of the Copyright Owner.
6. Copyright Owner hereby agrees to indemnify and hold African.fm, its officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns, harmless from any fees, penalties, liabilities, claims, losses or damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred by African.fm as a result of African.fm's transmission, retransmission and/or distribution of the sound recordings and/or musical compositions embodied therein which are identified above in accordance with the terms of this Broadcast Release Agreement or as a result of all other rights granted to African.fm in connection with such sound recordings, musical compositions, trademarks and other intellectual property in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
7. Copyright Owner further grants African.fm a worldwide, non-exclusive royalty-free license right to use, transmit and display, in connection with the transmissions authorized herein, the name of the sound recording and the musical compositions embodied therein, the composers, the performers, and, if provided by or on behalf of the Copyright Owner, the logo of the performers, biographical information, album graphics and photographs of the performers.
8. The authorisation granted pursuant to this Broadcast Release Agreement may be revoked at any time by the Copyright Owner, provided that the parties agree that such revocation shall become effective only ten (10) days after written notice of such revocation is received by African.fm
9. This Authorisation will be governed in accordance with the internal substantive laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to its conflicts of law principles.