Pregnant Katy Perry kicked off her week by surprising two fans with lockdown hook-ups.
The Roar singer stunned an eight-year-old British devotee, called Charlotte, when she took part in a substitute teacher skit organised by BBC Radio 1 presenter Greg James.
The youngster was woken up and told to get ready to meet her temporary at-home teacher and then shown a screen shot of Perry.
After the initial shock, Katy and Charlotte chatted about their favourite songs and snacks and Perry recorded a special message for all of Charlotte's friends, inviting them to "the world's best slumber party" once the coronavirus lockdown is over.
Perry also surprised Rhode Island ER doctor Megan Ranney and her kids as part of a Good Morning America TV segment.
Katy jumped at the chance to thank Ranney and her family for their sacrifices during the COVID-19 pandemic, joining a video chat with GMA co-host T.J. Holmes and raving about the good doctor.
"Your mom Megan is an absolute hero, aren't you so proud of her?" she asked the kids. "Your mum could join the circus; she's literally doing the best juggling act in the world. She goes to work, she deals with a lot of stuff at work and then she comes home, and I'm sure you guys are both angels."
Katy then chocked back tears as Megan told her that her song Roar was a family anthem that helps them stay strong amid the health crisis she faces every day.
Perry added: "You are so brave. We can't get through this without you... Know that I'm going to bed every single night from this call on and I'm gonna keep you in my personal prayers."
Perry also announced she will be kicking off GMA's Summer 2020 concert series, performing her new single Daisies and more from her home on Friday.
Welcome to the wonderful world of African FM - your global African orientated online radio station. We've been in operation since 2001. In fact, we're one of the longest established Afri-centric global stations around! Staffed completely by volunteer broadcasters - many with distinguished careers on radio stations all over the world, we bring the widest range of entertainment and news to the diaspora. We think we must be doing something right as we're the most popular African station on the world's number one radio player app - Tunein - with over 21,600 followers. Add to that over 16,000 monthly listeners from over 150 countries - and now you begin to get the idea about our 'radio family'. Why not join in the fun today !
Rihanna, JAY-Z, and Billie Eilish are among the stars who have been added to the lineup for BBC Radio 1's virtual Big Weekend festival.
Station chiefs were forced to cancel the live event, set to be held in Dundee, Scotland from 22 to 24 May, due to the coronavirus crisis, but are putting on an online alternative, which will feature performances from artists' homes and archive sets.
On Monday, organisers announced sets from past weekends, including from Rihanna, Jay, Billie, Ed Sheeran, and even One Direction will air on the Headline Stage channel during the livestream.
Others whose past performances will be broadcast include Katy Perry, Little Mix, Coldplay, and Lady Gaga.
The festival will also feature all-new live performances from the homes of several stars, including Sam Smith, Niall Horan, the Jonas Brothers, Rita Ora, Yungblud, and Mabel.
The Big Weekend was the first of a string of British summer festivals shut down by the coronavirus - Glastonbury, TRNSMT and Latitude have also been cancelled or postponed as a result of the pandemic.
The show will be available to stream on the BBC iPlayer website.
So you're an emerging or established musician....or a band looking for exposure to a wider audience. You've hit the jackpot! African FM welcomes submissions from cutting edge, emerging and established artists looking to get their new songs out to a global audience. We have supported a number of great artists on their journey to musical stardom! We airplay the very best in World Music. So...what are you waiting for?
If you have a song, an album, a bio, or news about an upcoming release or tour, then send to us here at African FM today! We'll consider your song(s) for airplay on our station to thousands of listeners all over the globe. We'll also consider highlighting your album release or tour on our main webpage for free!
Remember that by uploading your music - you are confirming -
The Band, Artist, Recording Company or Copyright Holder(s) of the submitted material ("Copyright Owner") hereby grants African FM and its licensees and assigns (www.african.fm - "African FM" ) the following authorisations:
1. Copyright Owner hereby expressly grants to African.fm a non-exclusive worldwide license to digitally transmit, on a non-interactive basis, the sound/video recordings, and the musical composition(s) embodied therein, as specified in this Broadcast Release Agreement.
2. Copyright Owner hereby expressly grants to African.fm a non-exclusive worldwide license to digitally transmit, as part of an non-interactive, non-subscription music program or channel, selections from the sound/video recordings, and the musical compositions embodied therein, specified in this Broadcast Release Agreement.
3. Neither African.fm nor the Copyright Owner shall pay to the other any compensation with respect to the transmissions and reproductions authorised herein.
4. This agreement waives rights to pay Airplay royalties, performance royalties, sound recording licenses, mechanical rights licenses on a complete and totally nonexclusive basis.
5. Copyright Owner represents and warrants to African.fm: (a) that the Copyright Owner has the right to authorise African.fm to reproduce, publicly perform the listed sound recordings and the musical compositions embodied therein; (b) that the Copyright Owner has the right and authority to license all rights granted herein, including, but not limited to, copyright and trademark rights'; performance rights and sound recording rights; (c) that the respondant has been authorised to execute this Broadcast Release Agreement on behalf of the Copyright Owner.
6. Copyright Owner hereby agrees to indemnify and hold African.fm, its officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns, harmless from any fees, penalties, liabilities, claims, losses or damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred by African.fm as a result of African.fm's transmission, retransmission and/or distribution of the sound recordings and/or musical compositions embodied therein which are identified above in accordance with the terms of this Broadcast Release Agreement or as a result of all other rights granted to African.fm in connection with such sound recordings, musical compositions, trademarks and other intellectual property in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
7. Copyright Owner further grants African.fm a worldwide, non-exclusive royalty-free license right to use, transmit and display, in connection with the transmissions authorized herein, the name of the sound recording and the musical compositions embodied therein, the composers, the performers, and, if provided by or on behalf of the Copyright Owner, the logo of the performers, biographical information, album graphics and photographs of the performers.
8. The authorisation granted pursuant to this Broadcast Release Agreement may be revoked at any time by the Copyright Owner, provided that the parties agree that such revocation shall become effective only ten (10) days after written notice of such revocation is received by African.fm
9. This Authorisation will be governed in accordance with the internal substantive laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to its conflicts of law principles.